The 6 Coolest Offices in the World

I always love to take a look at how other people work. Perhaps I am a bit voyeuristic but I love seeing some cool workplaces.

The 6 coolest offices in the world

Here are six offices that I reckon are the coolest in the world. Each one of them has something unique about it.

1. The Oval Office

The Oval Office

I love the Oval Office because it symbolizes so much for the people of America and the world. I am also quite sure there would be a lot of cool tunnels and secret doors in there which I would love to explore.

2. Shoemoney’s Office

Shoemoney's Office

In case you don’t know him, Shoemoney is an internet mogul who is rich as hell. He recently showed his readers his new office which is complete with a few nice computer screens, a nice wooden desk and a bloody massive TV with an Xbox hooked up. Awesome. The great thing about Shoemoney is that he hasn’t forgotten who he is. He is extremely helpful to everyone who meets him and is known as being a bit of a nice guy.

3. Al Gore’s Office

Al Gore's Office

Okay so this office might not be the coolest in the world in terms of looks but it has one redeeming quality; it is saving the world. It is here that Al Gore does his work for the environment and no doubt all those papers are studies and other facts that he will use to help curb global warming.

I have a question though – are all those screens saving power?

4. Open Space

Open Space Office

I have no idea where this office is but I love it. I love space and these open windows make you feel like you are a part of the view. Obviously this is the office of some high powered executive.

5. Euschwanstein Castle Office Germany

Castle Office in Germany
Photo credit.

Imagine working in a castle. Imagine having an office that is bigger than your entire house. Imagine being able to kick a football in your office and not being able to hit the roof. I’m pretty sure a few of history’s royals would have been able to do that. Here is one I love in Germany.

6. Google

Google Office
Photo credit.

Working at Google is a pretty sweet deal. Rumor has it that you can spend a lot of your time on your own projects and you can bring in a lot of toys and gadgets from home! I love the organic and spontaneous feel of this office. Working in a comfortable place like this would really make work seem less like work.

What do you like in an office

So now I’d love to hear from you what you like in an office. Do you like a big open office like the kings of old or do you like a modern office like you might find at Google?

Follow me on Twitter for more quotes, life-tips and conversations.

RSS feed | Trackback URI

18 Comments »

Comment by Mariaz
2008-03-20 02:04:01

Nice post. Bit of fun. Man, I wish my office looked like that one in the castle. Remind me of Mr. Burns’ office! Hey, why wasn’t that on the list?

Mariaz

Comment by Chuck up
2008-03-20 02:04:40

Man that guy at Google looks well geekish. I bet he earns a lot of cash though. What’d ya reckon?

Comment by The Daily Minder
2008-03-20 02:05:58

Mariaz – GREAT IDEA!

Chuck – Yeah man – it would be awesome working at Google.

TDM

Comment by pre
2008-03-22 17:22:05

No.5 is called “Neuschwanstein” castle… and its not a cool office at all … all of this offices suck

Comment by V
2008-03-22 23:04:30

The castle’s called Neuschwanstein btw…..

Comment by halfalbino
2008-03-23 04:40:44

Believe it is “Neuschwanstein” …

Comment by D Legal
2008-03-23 05:33:37

Google’s offices are definitely the best. I love creative atmospheres; I think Google does a good job keeping the creative juices flowing by allowing there employees to decorate there work spaces.

Comment by The Daily Minder
2008-03-23 07:17:12

Thanks guys! Didn’t realize that..

D Legal – You are right I think. It looks awesome.

TDM

Comment by Herr Mayer
2008-03-24 00:46:03

Very Nice.

The only ridiculous thing on that entertaining list is Shoemoney: So he’s an unknown but friendly billionaire with a wooden desk and some electronic device.

(Yawn.)

But apart from that, I like the photos, the offices and the idea.

Comment by The Daily Minder
2008-03-24 02:39:17

Herr – I just think it is a really cool set up. A home office with a massive TV set up with wireless Xbox. It’s baller!

TDM

Comment by Flink
2008-03-24 10:02:50

Nice offices, but I think mine is the best;
laptop and a back bag full of gadgets to go with it.
Free to roam where and when ever I want…
I also have a hammock tucked in there, just in case.

Vagabond for life!

Comment by Svein
2008-03-30 23:54:14

Putting up a list of things can be good linkbait, but you should try to complete it.

At the top it says The 5 coolest offices. Right under it says the 10 coolest offices. And then you proceed to list 6 offices? Seems to be a bit of confusion here…

Apart from that, I think you can do a much better job of finding interesting offices. I would think the popes office in the Vatican could be a cool office? I could certainly think of a lot of offices that should be a lot cooler than many of the ones you have listed here. So why not complete the list with something more spectacular?

Comment by sarah
2008-03-30 23:55:50

al gore isn’t saving any trees, either.

Comment by The Daily Minder
2008-03-31 00:57:45

Svein – Thanks man. I missed all that. Its fixed now. This was a late night post I did mostly for my own benefit – I love to see other people’s offices! Thanks for your suggestions – I’ll check out the Pope’s office.

Sarah – You’re right! haha.

TDM

Comment by Puerhan
Comment by The Daily Minder
2008-10-06 00:46:26

Thats awesome. I miss playing hacky sack!

Comment by dave
2008-10-16 01:19:38

I like shoemoney’s. It kinda like what i want to do with my basement

Comment by Julia
2009-05-31 13:30:35

I love a clean, airy office with a view… but in reality my office is a cross between Al Gore’s and Googles, but I do have a view.

Name (required)
E-mail (required - never shown publicly)
URI
Your Comment (smaller size | larger size)

Trackback responses to this post