Some people have more self-discipline than others, but in all likelihood, those who are self-disciplined worked hard to be where they are.
If you are in the group that needs to work on self-discipline, you’ve come to the right place. Whether you want to stop smoking or be better at time management, improving your self-discipline is key.
But how do you improve self-discipline exactly? It’s easy to say but what practical things can you do?
[bctt tweet=”14 Ways to Improve Self-Discipline” username=”thedailyminder”]
Here are 14 concrete ways to improve self-discipline.
Plan for success and…
- Start on a money
- Write down your reasons for self-discipline
- Visualize how you will benefit from your own efforts
- Prepare a plan of what you’ll say and do if temptation arises
- Combine something you want to do with something you need to do
- Hide temptations in hard to reach places
- Set an alarm for bedtime to get a full eight hours of sleep
- Ask friends to keep an eye out for bad habits you fall easily into
When temptation arises…
- Weigh all your options before making a decision
- Drink hot water, lemon, and a tablespoon of honey
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Use visual reminders
- Surround yourself with positive people
Make sure your self-discipline is for you and not someone else.
Here’s the full infographic for you to peruse.