Such a “little” word, but oh, its immensity!
For some people, trusting comes easy. For others, it’s the hardest thing to do – especially if they have had their trust broken big time in the past. (Then again, who hasn’t had his trust broken at one point or another?)
If you’re at a point in life when trust is an issue that you cannot ignore, here are some quotes that can help you.
- “All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” ~ J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
- “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” ~Ernest Hemingway
- “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ~Corrie ten Boom
- “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” ~Maya Angelou
- “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” ~Paulo Coelho, Brida
- “We are all mistaken sometimes; sometimes we do wrong things, things that have bad consequences. But it does not mean we are evil, or that we cannot be trusted ever afterward.” ~Alison Croggon
- “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.” ~Sherrilyn Kenyon, Invincible
- “A man who trusts nobody is apt to be the kind of man nobody trusts.” ~Harold MacMillan
- “Do not lose hope — what you seek will be found. Trust ghosts. Trust those that you have helped to help you in their turn. Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story. (from ‘Instructions’)” ~Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: short fictions and wonders
- “The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Trust, but verify.” ~Ronald Reagan