The benefits of meditation have long ago been established, so we don’t really need to go through that again. We can even say that the idea that there is a need for meditation is widely accepted, especially since there are different ways to meditate.
Resource: Meditation Books
The question now is how do you find time to meditate?
It’s the chicken and egg question. You need to meditate because your life is so busy, but you are so busy you can’t find time to meditate. What are you to do?
The answer is simple in theory: find ways to integrate meditation in your daily routine.
For example, you can meditate while driving. Counterintuitive? Read this. I can also attest to this based on my own experience – being 100% present in the moment, which is, basically, meditation. Just go ahead and read the article. You’ll find it useful, trust me.
Another way you can meditate is to find bits of time at work – and you don’t even alwaus have to go to an empty room, sit down, and meditate in the traditional way. Here are some ways to practice meditation at work that will make a huge difference in your life.
- Go to the water cooler when there’s nobody there and drink water mindfully. Spend the 2 minutes or so just paying attention to what you’re doing.
- Take “breathing breaks”. A minute or two of mindful breathing will keep stress at bay, or at least lessen it.
- Practice loving-kindness meditation – send positive vibes to others.
- Pay attention to every part of your body and consciously feel.
- When you feel good or happy, take a moment to jot it down.
Take a look at the infographic below, which gives more details on how to practice meditation at work. After reading it, you won’t have an excuse not to meditate!