“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
The mind is a powerful tool, and most of our life issues can be conquered by training the mind. One of the ways we can train our mind is to identify mantras which can change the way we see things.
Simple Definition of mantra
: a sound, word, or phrase that is repeated by someone who is praying or meditating
: a word or phrase that is repeated often or that expresses someone’s basic beliefs
You may already have phrases that you repeat to yourself to boost your confidence before an important meeting, or maybe you have your go-to Bible verse for when you’re starting to lose it. They are mantras in themselves, but if you need more, here are some personal motivational mantras for a better you.
Some of these you will have to rephrase so that you say them in the first person. Make sure you do so. That way, you are talking directly to yourself, making the mantra yours.
1. “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” – Helen Keller
2. I am thankful for what I have, even if it’s not perfect.
3. “Excellence does not require perfection.” – Henry James
4. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
5. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
6. There are blessings hidden everywhere; I will find them.
7. I will talk to myself as I would talk to someone I love.
8. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
9. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7, The New Testament
10. I accept myself unconditionally right now. I will accept myself unconditionally throughout the day. Mistakes and all.
Do you want to create your own mantra? Here is a guide to help you with that: “How to Come Up With a Kick-Ass Personal Mantra“.