Being angry is a normal thing – it happens to all of us. However, we also know that it is a dangerous emotion. Left uncontrolled, anger can ruin you – and the people around you.
Lately, I’ve been having this feeling of anger stirring beneath the surface. I have no idea why, but it feels like it’s just waiting to get out. It’s scary, but I believe it’s nothing that can’t be dealt with properly. Part of what I have been doing is reading, doing yoga (more than usual), and consciously breathing to calm down.
I’ve also written down some quick quotes that serve as reminders to keep me in check.
Here are some of those. I hope they help you, too.
Quotes About Anger
1. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Buddha
2. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. – Ambrose Bierce
3. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. – Mark Twain
4. A man can’t eat anger for breakfast and sleep with it at night and not suffer damage to his soul. – Garrison Keillor
5. Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry. – Henry Ward Beecher
6. There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot. – Plato
7. When anger rises, think of the consequences. – Confucius
What do you do when you feel angry? Do reading and leaving notes/quotes for yourself as reminders help?